From the Word

"May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great." Psalm 138:5

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Getting ready for Africa

Time is getting closer for Rachel to go to Africa and as the time passes there is still much to do. We would appreciate your prayers at this time. First of all, her passport has not arrived. She applied 11.5 weeks ago and they are very backed up right now. She needs to get her passport and her Visa SOON! Although it is possible to go to Kenya with just a passport, should the country of Kenya decide to not grant her a Visa for some reason, she would have to come home alone. Her mom would really like to know that all the paperwork is in place before she leaves Atlanta.

Secondly, she goes Friday to get the rest of her shots and medicine. I know all of this is to protect her, but the thought of intentionally injecting her with several potentially deadly diseases is a little nerve racking for me--those of you who know me well know that I am severely allergic to Drs. and most medications!

Lastly, she is very close to having all her funds in place for this trip. We are so grateful to all who have generously supported her in this faith venture. She still needs about $500 and we are trusting God to provide that also.

I am really excited for her to experience this time in Kenya and know that God is going to do amazing things to and through her. I believe she will experience the greatest joy and deepest sorrow as she serves these children and families in Kenya. I pray that she will have a much greater appreciation of God's unconditional love and a much stronger hatred for the Enemy.

I know that preparing me to let her go is a time of faith testing and faith growing for me. I think I understand the risks involved and the potential good that she can accomplish, but letting her go is a stretch for me. I think of the thousands of parents who have sent their children on to a foreign country as full time missionaries, and my release is so small. I am reminded that my Heavenly Father sent His Son on a mission trip one time and my gratitude far outweighs my current fears. Thank you God for letting us play a small part in what you are doing.

2 comments:

Michael and Christina said...

The email address I have for you is old. I need the new one to send you the flan recipe. I'll also send my address as I think you might not have a current one since Rachel said she thought she sent me a prayer card but I have not received one yet.
Love,
Christina

charlestonyaya said...

any updates on the passport situation - love you all, K