From the Word

"May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great." Psalm 138:5

Friday, January 11, 2008

A Sense of Accomplishment

We have had a whirlwind week and I can say that as I am ready to retire for the evening I can do so with a sense of great accomplishment. With the addition of bluemountaincoffee.com we are packing a lot coffee these days. One of my best Christmas presents is the addition of our first ever regular employee. She is a delightful college student who is the daughter of one of my friends from church, and she is a real God-send to us. Amanda learns very quickly and is willing to do anything we need done. Today she and I organized and packed away all of our Christmas decorations. Together we have re-organized the office, set up new office policies, and are in general buzzing circles around Edgar--he loves it, though. Robbie came over and got all my computers working in tip top condition, and I even finished the laundry this evening--is it even possible to FINISH laundry??!! All in all 2008 is looking to be a year of organized efficiency--just the way I like it.

Even with all of the feeling of accomplishment, it has also been a week when my heart has been heavy. Two local college girls have died in the last few days, one was murdered and the other one's cause of death is still undetermined. I was reading Psalm 10 yesterday morning which begins, "Why, O Lord do you stand far off? Why do you hide yourself in times of trouble?" I understand how David felt, but how grateful I am that he goes on to write, "The Lord is in His holy temple, the Lord is on his heavenly throne." (Ps 11:4)

As a mom I have found myself feeling over protective of my children. I want Ryan to feel free to play in the back yard where it is fenced AND in the front yard where it is not, but I am not so confident. I want Rachel to enjoy time with her high school friends, but I find myself a little uneasy when she is away. Then with all of this locally, we are most concerned about the political climate in Kenya right now. Rachel is still planning to go back to Kenya this summer and we are trusting God with those plans, I must admit, I am a little nervous.

So what does all this mean? It means I am increasingly thankful to have such a loving, merciful, omnipotent Heavenly Father who is completely in control and who knows the future.   He is neither surprised nor afraid of what is happening and all He asks is that I trust Him  completely.  Perhaps that is how I can be the most efficient and accomplish all that is on His agenda for me this year.
Blessings

1 comment:

charlestonyaya said...

Hey there - send some of that cool weather this way!! David is not going to Kenya this summer. Afer the last couple of weeks - the church canceled the trip. At this point he is planning to go to Uganda with two water systems and Kelly Green Ministries in June. All of the news that we are getting from our Kenyan friends is so bad. Keep praying for them!! love, Kathy