From the Word

"May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great." Psalm 138:5

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Timing is everything

This week in our Beth Moore Bible study on Esther we are to the point in the story where Queen Esther stands before the king and He extends his scepter allowing her to speak, and to live!   We learned about the importance of her fasting for 3 days before entering the court, but also how odd it was that when she had the chance to reveal her enemy for his evil plot she chose to wait.  There was a long discussion of why she waited, but we came away understanding the importance of timing.  We were reminded that "those who wait upon the Lord will renew their strength", but also that those who wait upon the event, or the relationship, or the thing--will lose their strength!  That was profound for me, as I feel I have been waiting for so many things that are out of my control, and it was making me weary.

As I began to change my focus, and wait upon the Lord, trusting that He is in control and He is the God of the details as well as the God of the Dream, my anxiety lessened, and my strength was renewed.  Many things have come together this week and I am more confident that we will achieve the goals and meet the impending deadlines.

Our teacher "A" has worked out the details to join us part time and has a peace about it--Praise God!  We met with landlords and pretty much came to an agreement to lease the space we need.  The required improvements should be completed on time.  We opened a bank account, sent all of the necessary information to our account to complete the compilation report needed, secured our domain (www.mchnf..org), discussed business card design with the printer, assembled the binders to submit for accreditation and application to GA Dept of Ed for Special Needs Scholarship--only a few items to go to complete it.  We have our first Board Meeting scheduled for this week, and will hopefully get an approval from the insurance underwriters.

It is exciting to see so many things come together, in just the right time.  We see God's hand in providing two of the three main things we asked for from the beginning--the staff, the location, and now it is time to begin recruiting the students.  Please continue to pray as we have more important decisions to make and important work to be completed before March 25.  I will try to do better at updating this blog.

Blessings to all

2 comments:

Michael and Christina said...

Waiting on the Lord instead of just waiting (or trying to make it work myself) is a hard lesson and something that takes constant work. I'll be praying for you.

S said...

Can I be bold and ask exactly where your school is located? I am a certified Montessori teacher with fifteen years experience in Primary, and am currently completing my Elementary certification. I have worked with lots of Autistic children over the years and also have a 3 year old son who is Autistic. I've searched for a Christian Montessori school for both of us, and they are few and far between! If you'd like, my email is shannon62873@hotmail.com. I'd love to know more about your plans! God Bless you!