From the Word

"May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great." Psalm 138:5

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Exceptional Christian Education for Exceptional Children

This has been a relatively peaceful week; I feel your prayers and thank you.  Not alot has changed in the last few days, but I believe we are on course.  We are still awaiting news that our "teacher a" will be able to work part time at her school and part time for us.  We need to be ready to sign a lease on the building within the next few days.  We are working on a packet to submit when we apply for accreditation.  We cannot be fully accredited until we are operational, but we just need a letter from the consultant stating that we are in the process.

We filed the papers for incorporation, so we are official!  Montessori Children's House of North Forsyth.  We almost have all of our board members--so excited for the great team God has assembled, and soooo ready to have a few more people reviewing and editing my work.  I got the rough draft of the 501(c)(3) application and thankful that the company who filed the incorporation papers will also assist in completing this 28 page form and file it!  We need to tweak the rough draft of the by-laws, but that should be very doable, especially with the assistance of some talented Board members!

A friend is working on our logo.  I took the old one I had in 1980 and she is going to modernize it a little.  I found the jump drive containing all the documents I created at my last job (Thank you, Jesus!) including the Staff Handbook, the Parent Handbook, and quite a collection of forms.  This is making my task sooo much easier.  In about 2 hours I had the Parent Handbook ready for Board review.  I will work on the Staff Handbook this weekend.

Today in Bible Study, (Beth Moore/Esther) Beth had us think about our greatest fears and how they can be so crippling if we let the enemy keep threatening us with the worst case scenario.  She challenged us to say "If (worst case scnario) happens, then GOD will still be on His throne and still take care of us!  I believe now, more than ever that we are called to open this school at this time and in this place for His Glory, IF this is not the case, He is still God and we will remain in His Grip.
Praying expectantly

No comments: