From the Word

"May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great." Psalm 138:5

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Decisions, decisions

We had a great weekend in Charleston with family and I let my mind relax a little as I continued to ask God to clearly reveal the next steps, if any.  We have had some very positive and encouraging things to happen.

Most excitedly (is that a word?), is the fact that Sunday afternoon I got a call from the owner of the place we originally wanted to lease.  As it turns out, the church is meeting in the space, but no contracts have been signed, and the owners really feel our school would be a better fit, so they wanted to know if we were still interested!!  This is the end unit of the building where hundreds of children with special needs come for therapy sessions each week.  They offer physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, etc.  One of the owners who is Ryan's therapist, told me this week she has at least six students who are very interested in enrolling!  Even better news is that they will do the renovations necessary to meet the fire code and although I would need to sign the lease soon so that I could get the Certificate of Occupancy before April 1, there is a possibility the church would continue to meet there until I needed to move in, July 1st.  This would give the church additional time to find another location and would help me as paying rent for 5 months before we have any income is a bummer.

I also have heard from six of the eight people we asked to be on the Board and five have agreed to do so!  The team is looking great as there is a diverse mix of people with varied expertise.

A lady called me and asked if I would be interested in doing some infant/toddler Montessori teacher education for her.  This would be an on going, part time job doing what I love!  It would be a way to earn some serious money for the school and would be very doable as I have done it several times before and have what I need--God provides!

The only real obstacle, and it is huge, is that our original teacher still feels she cannot commit to this.  I am very saddened as I know she would be perfect for the job.  I have listed the job through a couple of Montessori job search websites and spent a couple of hours reading resume's.  I emailed one girl who showed promise, but I do not have any peace about hiring someone I do not know.  I have spent a pretty sleepless night praying and thinking.

It is critical that when we open, we are a huge success for several reasons:  most importantly because this a venture of faith.  I know that God is directing all of this and His name is all over it in every way.  He must be glorified in all that is done.  It is also critical for children as it is a big step for parents to remove them from a public system, even a broken one, and move them to our school.  We must make a huge difference in their lives, and that responsibility lies directly on the shoulders of the lead teacher.  I know that this has been a difficult decision for "teacher A" but I am confused that she is getting one message, to stay where she is, and I am getting an opposite message:  she needs IS the teacher.

Our immediate prayer request is complete clarity.  I will need to give an answer regarding the building this week and I cannot sign a lease without the right teacher in place.  If I do not sign the lease, they will offer it to the church and that space is lost.  I am also running out of time to meet the April 1 deadline, so PLEASE take a few minutes now and ask God to clearly shut this down or to make His will abundantly clear as to who is to teach for us if we are to open this fall.  Thank you so much for your prayers!

1 comment:

Michael and Christina said...

I will pray for complete clarity. Do you have to have the teacher in place for legal reasons? If not, I will encourage you to follow God's leading despite the apparent teacher circumstances. He can and will bring the right teacher if He is leading you to open the school, but He doesn't always provide according to our deadlines. Love you so much.