From the Word

"May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great." Psalm 138:5

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Getting closer, but still a long way to go

It has been a few days and sooooo much has happened.  First of all let me say I can tell you all are praying and I really appreciate it!  Of course someone out there is praying for me to have patience, and when I find out who it is they are dead meat! :)

There have also been a few questions, and since I often get ahead of myself let me clarify the deadlines we are facing:  Because we have a very specific target audience--children who have been in the public system and have a current IEP because they can get free scholarship money to attend "eligible" schools--we must be an eligible school to insure a full class.  In order to be an eligible school we have to have our completed application in to the school board by April 1.  The application has to include the Certificate of Occupancy of the space in which we will be meeting, the resume's of the teachers, the proof that we are in the process of accreditation, and proof of financial viability.  There are many components to this process and they are all lined up like dominoes!

Now for this week's report:  we still do not know if we can lease the space we want, but it is looking much more favorable in our direction.  I spent some serious time with the landlords and the fire marshall this week, and I think as soon as I can go to the landlords with a real offer, they will accept it.

So disappointed that we might not get "teacher a", but trying to be open to whatever God wants, I put a small ad online to try and find a teacher.  I got three replies--2 international and one local.  I met with the one who is local and found her to be delightful!  She does not have an elementary ed degree, but does have a BS in liberal arts with a minor in psychology.  She has home schooled, worked in a couple of Christian elementary schools, and done extensive tutoring.  She is not Montessori trained, but has always been intrigued by Montessori and is willing to take the online course.  Her philosophy is very similar to mine and I think she would be a great fit!  I still think we need "teacher a" because she does have an elementary ed degree with a specialty in special ed and almost nine years experience.

Now for the really exciting part--if I hired the lady who is local, "teacher b", full time and could get "teacher a" part time I think it would work.  "Teacher a" and I talked about this option and she said if that were possible she would know with clarity that this is what God wants her to do.  She has really struggled with this decision as she believes to strongly in what we are trying to do and wants to be a part of it, but she is one year away from her long time goal of being vested and does not feel God wants her to give that up.  At any rate, she spoke with her principal to see if she would hire her part time next year.  This would allow her to complete her required 10th year in the system to be vested, and also let her work with us.  At first the principal said "no", but then said, "Let me work on it"!!! So needless to say we are so excited that this could be the win-win for everyone that we have been praying for.

The best part of all is that after several stressful days and nights, both "teacher a" and I have a peace that God is working things out and He has reminded us how trustworthy He is.  We still can't totally trace His hand in every detail, but we do trust His heart.  We are more confident than ever in the vision for helping children and offering exceptional Christian education for exceptional children at this time and in this place.

Thank you so much for your prayers--please continue to pray for God to guide each step and for us to clearly see what He wants us to do.  And if you are the one praying for us to have patience, please--quit it!!! :)

No comments: