From the Word

"May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great." Psalm 138:5

Monday, February 8, 2010

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Today has been a difficult day.  Several important things have changed and that could have a major impact on the ability to open the school this fall.  I am trying to not be discouraged, as I must trust this is all part of His plan, but I am confused and not quite sure what to do next.  Let me elaborate.

First of all, as I said at the beginning, I have been preparing for some time to be ready in case God leads us to open a school again, but I have not tried to manipulate anything. So, when Ryan's teacher said she had been giving great thought to leaving her job and helping me provide an environment for him and other kids in his situation, I felt this was perhaps a nudge from God.  Then when so many other things feel into place so easily, it seemed apparent this was THE time.  I (and many of you, thank you) have been faithfully praying for God's leading each step of the way, and I trust He is leading, even today.

Today, our teacher told me she has decided not to move ahead with us, and although she believes in what we want to do, she is unable to be our teacher.  While I certainly do not ever want anyone to do something unless that is what they feel God wants them to do, I thought we were past this.  I am saddened on many levels because if she is not the one, then the chances of some of the other student's at Ryan's school who we had hoped would join us, probably will not.  This means that we will need to look harder for students and more importantly that Ryan will not have any of his friends move with him next year.  I am struggling with understanding this since we are well into the process.

Secondly, we are facing an approaching deadline that could be very difficult.  In order to have the school eligible to receive the scholarship funds we must have our completed application in no later than 5:00 pm on Thursday, April 1, 2010.  There is one part of the application that seems impossible at this point:  we must have a signed Certificate of Occupancy.  This gives us less than 2 months for the architect and the site engineer to finish their drawings, the owner/builder to bid the renovations, the bank to approve our mortgage, and all of the work to be completed!  The really frustrating thing is that the meeting to approve our application will not take place until May 13th, so the application will sit there for 6 weeks, but we cannot submit it unless it is totally complete on April 1--no exceptions.

So......we have already paid the architect a sizable deposit--do we have him just stop?  We are not sure where to begin to recruit a teacher and have no one "in the wings".  What does this mean?  Is God putting the brakes on this all together or is this a test to see if we are willing to hang tough?  I really don't know, and would really appreciate your prayers.

Did I mention that we sent letters to all potential Board members this weekend?  We also completed most of the paper work to file for incorporation--do we go ahead and submit it, along with the $1500 fee?  I am just not sure and would really appreciate clarity.  Also, as a side note, I almost didn't share all this lest we appear as a failure before we even get off the ground, but that would seem to really be hypocritical; we have shared all of the good things, and so it seems we must also share the bad and the ugly.  This is where we are--sure wish we had the Board of advisors now!!

No comments: