From the Word

"May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great." Psalm 138:5

Friday, January 21, 2011

Praying Boldly

Last week our pastor, Andy Stanley, challenged our prayer life a little.  He suggested that often we pray mundanely and do not ask God for Boldness.  While I agree with him, in principal, I believe that throughout the journey of this school I have consistently asked God to bless us in such a way that only He could get the credit.  I also believe I have been faithful to give Him all the credit every step of the way.

I have been asking Him for 2 or 3 more students this semester.  Two would get us to the financial 'break even' point and three would give us a little breathing room.  So after last Sunday's message, I boldly asked Him to please direct 2 or 3 students to us now.  We only want to enroll children that He brings, but surely there were a couple out there who simply had not found us yet.

That being said, it has been a rough week.  My husband was out of town on business all week, I got sick on Tuesday and missed 2 and a half days of work, and our teacher had a medical emergency with her eldest daughter and missed a day and a half--not our best week.  But I had Boldly asked God to send us some students NOW, and with what I can only attribute as some Heavenly humor, He chose to answer my prayer.  Not only did He send us 2 students, but they are siblings whose parents have been looking for a Christian Montessori school for a long time, and they came to visit us while I was sick and Sherry was distracted!!!  "when I am weak, He is strong."  They are great kids, our students fell in love with them and see them as an answer to their prayers (yes the children have also been praying for more students), and I really believe that they will be a great 'fit'.

So we are thanking God for His perfect timing and grateful for the challenge to ask God for big things--things only He can do, and to ask with boldness!

No comments: