From the Word

"May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great." Psalm 138:5

Friday, April 25, 2008

Empty Nest

No, I am not referring to the birds, they are still here and we have seen one egg, but I think she laid more.  I am talking about our home.  It is 7:45 am, Ryan is at school and Edgar and Rachel are on their way to Jamaica.  Edgar's dear uncle Keble died last week.  He was an incredible man who served Jamaica for decades in politics, revolutionized the coffee industry there, survived being a POW, and was a dear man whom we dearly loved.  The country is honoring him with a State funeral and Edgar and Rach are attending and representing the family.  Rachel met him on her only other trip to JA when she was 2 years old and we were there celebrating his 75th birthday.

So my little nest is empty for at least a few hours and in addition to processing and packing coffee orders alone, Amanda has finals this week, I am tackling Ryan's room.  I convinced Edgar to help me rearrange it some last night and today I need to go through all his stuff--eek.  The new arrangement will be much better and it will satisfy my need to 'spring clean'--well, maybe I still need to tackle the pantry, but not today!

I have had Chris Tomlin's, "How Can I Keep from Singing" in my head for the last few days.  The words are so good and the tune very catchy.  He starts by saying 'there is an endless song echos in my soul. . . "  If you have not heard it, the chorus is:

             How can I keep from singing Your praise?
How can I ever say enough?
How amazing is your love.

How can I help from shouting Your name?
I know am loved by a King
And it makes my heart want to sing!

What more can I say?  What more could we want?  This day I hope you truly know that you are loved by The king!




1 comment:

charlestonyaya said...

hey - just wanted you to know that someone out here was reading your blog!! pray that edgar and rachel have a safe trip - and that you and ryan have a good few days at home alone. love you, k