From the Word

"May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great." Psalm 138:5

Monday, April 28, 2008

I'm seeing orange

I have just come from the first main session at the Orange Conference--wow, Reggie Joiner brought a powerful message on what our main focus must be--treating the prodigals the way the loving Father treats his own son.  Steve Fee led worship, Lanny Donahoe did his usual shenanigan's, Sue Miller did a nice piece on volunteers in the church, and all in all it was a great end to a long, but fun day.  Last night and all day today I worked registration and was at the desk where attendees could update/change their breakout sessions.  I really like getting to meet all the people and think this was a good fit for me because I actually could speak semi intelligently about the content of most of the breakouts.  I sort of felt like a guidance counselor helping student drop and add classes.  Eating dinner in the same room with a ton of other volunteers and well-known worship leaders is a nice perk too.  Also got to reconnect with several people who were there last year--I love this stuff!

I am staying at a hotel very close to the conference, thank you Edgar, and the room is really nice, but the bed is the toughest, lumpiest, most uncomfortable bed I have experienced in a long time.  I was up a lot last night and am hooping my state of near exhaustion tonight will allow me to simply pass out and not notice the lumps!

The only down side to all of this is I do miss my family.  Rachel called tonight and chatted my ear off about her adventures in Jamaica and tried to catch me up on the latest HS drama--I love that kid.  I barely got in a word and didn't even get a chance to tell her I met a couple who were on her Africa trip last year.  I really appreciate Anita taking good care of Ryan and hope to speak with Edgar tomorrow.

Time to sleep, tomorrow will be another long day.

No comments: