From the Word

"May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great." Psalm 138:5

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Best Alarm Clock

So when Edgar is away on business, he really likes for me to let Ellie, our dog, off the lease at night. She normally sleeps right inside the back door, but on a lease. She is a great watchdog and will alert us if any unknown being--human or animal comes in the yard, so I have no problem with her sleeping inside; I do prefer that she stay on the leash as I do not want her wandering around the house-ever.

But, being the submissive wife that I am (quit snickering) I let her off the leash the other night and let her sleep on the floor beside Edgar's side of the bed. At 5:55am Rachel came into my room breathing very heavily and with fear in her voice said, "Mom, Mom, Ellie was is my room and I felt her breathing in my face--it scared me to death!"

Evidently at some point early in the morning, Ellie very quietly went upstairs to check on the children and when she got to Rachel she very lovingly laid her head on the bed right next to Rachel's face. Needless to say, the child was AWAKE!

No comments: