From the Word

"May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great." Psalm 138:5

Friday, June 21, 2013

From my point of view

This is the view from my hotel room on one of the clearer days we've had.  If you look closely you can actually see the mountains.  When I look this window I am filled with many emotions; there are so many people.  The streets are crowded with cars, bicycles, mopeds, and pedestrians.  The high rise buildings are filled with people and the air is filled with a myriad of aromas.  I have come to love these people and my heart aches knowing that so many of them live lives void of any relationship with God.  They are good people, caring people, and so many of them are oh so lost.

I have one full day left in Beijing; in many ways the time has passed quickly.  As always, I conclude this time wondering if I did enough.  I wonder if they understand the concepts and if I inspired them to go out and make a difference?  Was I clear in my teaching?  Are they pondering the new information and processing it well?  How many of these students will complete all of the assignments and have a successful internship that leads to certification?  So many questions, but I did my best and ask my Heavenly Father to bless my words and multiply my efforts.  I also pray that they were able to see Jesus in James, Michelle and I.  James and Michelle will be teaching here 4 more weeks; I pray for their strength, health, wisdom, and witness.

For the many friends I have made this month I am extremely grateful.  For the opportunity to worship with fellow believers at the Beijing International Christian Fellowship I am truly blessed.  For the meeting I had with Dr. Marlene Barron at the AMS training center I am indebted, and for the "chance" meeting with Karen Brenneman from New Day Creations orphanage, I am amazed.  I don't know what future plans God has for me in China, but I am at peace and strongly feel I will be back.

As wonderful as this year's trip has been, I really miss home--western food, television, and mostly my family!  (I did find a Papa John's pizza--look at their delivery vehicles!)  30 days without seeing my husband and kids is a little too long for this lady; of course ATT should be happy!!  Ryan finished 2 weeks of camp today and it sounds like he had a blast.  Rachel is doing well and trying to not give birth to Emmerson until I return, and Edgar is taking care of all the details on the home front.  I fly to Taiwan early Sunday morning for  week of teaching and then HOME on what would have been my mom's 98th birthday!  I will try to post a few times from Taiwan, thanks for reading and for your prayers.


 

No comments: