From the Word

"May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great." Psalm 138:5

Monday, June 10, 2013

I have now been in Beijing for 10 days!  We have a wonderful group of students including one married couple, who are all eager to learn more about child development, pregnancy, childbirth, infant care, and toddler care.  The discussions have been very good and I am learning more about Chinese culture.  The married couple have their 6 month old and 7 year old daughters with them.  On more than one occasion the little one has been the perfect model for much of what I am teaching!

A couple of the English teachers at the school are Christians and have introduced me to the Beijing International Christian Fellowship; what a wonderful group of believers!  One must show a foreign ID to be allowed to attend the service, so I have attended the English speaking service the last two Sundays.  It is over an hour's drive from my hotel, but well with it!  Both weeks the music, the message, and the people have been so inspiring. 

One of my challenges in China is being able to eat the food--I have a severe sensitivity to anything that lives in water--fish, shellfish, sea weed, fish oil....so eating here is difficult.  I came prepared with instant oatmeal, fig newtons, and peanut butter crackers, but we have still had 3 meals at Pizza Hut and 2 meals at Subway, ha!

After church yesterday, James, Michelle, and I found the best little French bakery so we had to sample some sweets!  I love the French outfits the employees were wearing!

We appreciate your prayers while we are here, and will do our best to keep this blog updated! 





1 comment:

Kathy Clinton said...

Love the blog! So interested in what you are doing!