From the Word

"May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great." Psalm 138:5

Monday, June 17, 2013

God's Busy in China!

Have you ever had what you thought was a "Divine Appointment"?  I believe I had one on Sunday!  We went to Beijing International Christian Fellowship for the third Sunday--such a blessing.  Each week there has been a different speaker and worship team, all very different and all very good.  This day after church one of our students, Sarah from the Philippines who introduced us to the church, wanted to take us to a Tex Mex place to eat as she knows I am craving western food.  The place was about a 15 minute drive from the church and we got there, ordered our food, and who walked in but the preacher, Byron Brenneman and his wife!!  Seriously there are 20 gazillon people in Beijing and this was 15 minutes from the church---are the odds we would end up at the same place for lunch?!!

They recognized us from church (we sat in my normal spot on the third row) and waved hello. Once they had ordered their food and we had finished ours, I went over to talk with them.  The church is trying to raise funds to print some children's Sunday School literature and I wanted more information.  As we talked they asked why I was in China and I briefly told them.  At this point his wife, Karen, became very interested and said that two of the girls who work with her had just come back from taking Montessori training and were very excited about it.  She is, are you ready?--the director of an orphanage for special needs children in Beijing!! 

If you know anything about me, you know that for MANY years it was my desire to adopt a little girl from China.  Each time I come here I keep thinking I would love to visit an orphanage.  Well, one thing led to another and Karen asked if I would be interested in coming over to do any training at the orphanage!!! Really?  I don't know how or when, but we exchanged information and I am already thinking of how I can do just that.  God knows the desires of our heart and His timing is perfect.  I don't think it is possible that we will adopt a child, but to have the opportunity to serve, even for a short time, is amazing to me.

So, I think that was a Divine Appointment, what do you think?

1 comment:

Kathy Clinton said...

Amazing. Love this story! God is at work for sure!!!