From the Word

"May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great." Psalm 138:5

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Have you seen my table?

I had the strangest dream last night and it has preoccupied my thinking all day, without any resolution, so I thought maybe you could help.  
In my dream we were having dinner on the table I inherited from my parents.  It was not an expensive table, I grew up in a home with few material items, but it was a very interesting design.  It looked like a simple hallway-type table, about 3 and a half feet long and maybe 2 feet deep.  When Edgar and I had it, I kept an embroidered cloth over it and a couple of hurricane lamp/candles on it as I recall.  It was a brown veneer, and not very pretty, but it had a great design.  See, the front part pulled out and stored behind the doors in front were 4-5 leaves that stored folded in half, but when opened fit across the parallel pull-out panels creating a table for 4, 6, 8 or 10 people.  We used it many times growing up and Edgar and I used it a few times when we had company.

Now here is the mystery:  I have no idea where it is!  I don't know if we gave it away, forgot to pack it in one of the moves, or simply lost it.  I do know that it is not in this house and we do not have a storage unit, so where could it be?  I remember having it in our first home, 22 years ago, in Vero Beach,  and I am pretty sure we had it in the apartment in Deerfield Beach.  I can't visualize where it was in the Pompano Beach home, nor do I ever remember seeing it in Greensboro.  Can you help?  

If you remember seeing it, or dining on it please let me know where.  If we gave it to you, then could you refresh my memory on that also.  I don't necessarily want it back, but it does have sentimental value and I hate to think that I simply lost it somewhere.

That's it.  If you know where the table is please let me know!  Thanks so much.




No comments: