From the Word

"May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great." Psalm 138:5

Monday, May 19, 2008

Some random thoughts and updates









First of all I am a year older, well actually just about a week older since my last post, but I did have a nice birthday yesterday and appreciate the many well wishes. Billie and I had a great time in Atlanta on Friday. We went to lunch and looked around some cute shops in the Virginia Highlands area and ended our afternoon by going to the movies, such fun! On Saturday Edgar, the kids, and I attended Amanda's wedding and took some pictures since we were all dressed up. The wedding was lovely and they looked so happy. Of course they are on their honeymoon this week so we have no extra help in the office!!

As for our little birds, it seems we have 4! Their eyes are open, their fuzz is beginning to shed and feathers are beginning to appear. The pictures are not too good as mama bird was not happy to have me peeking into the nest, so I took the pictures from inside the house. We also became concerned that once they start to fly the nest is not in a tree over grass, but on our door over a wooden front porch, so we set up a little safety net, "just in case". I am really excited to see them learn to fly, a little sad to know they are almost gone, and a little excited to have my front porch back--especially since the weather has been so beautiful.
Lastly our garden is overflowing with strawberries! We planted four plants late last summer and they have spread all throughout the garden. We carefully kept them covered through the various frosts, and now the garden is overflowing with sweet, red strawberries. Of course Rachel and I are in the dog house because we have not done any strawberry picking yet, but we will I am sure. For now, Edgar has been faithfully picking a couple of bowl fulls each day, yummy.

No comments: