From the Word

"May they sing of the ways of the Lord, for the glory of the Lord is great." Psalm 138:5

Monday, May 5, 2008

I Have 11 Friends

That's right, I have 11 friends.  I know this because I signed on to my newly acquired Facebook account and it told me so, right up there at the top.  I'm feeling pretty good about this, I mean I know I have a lot of acquaintances, but now I have 11 people who actually consider me their friend.   
I have no idea what a Facebook actually is, I presume it is a book of faces, but it says I have 11 friends so why isn't it called Friendbook?  I don't know what to do with it either.  I see there are walls, although I have have never actually seen a wall, is it supposed to be made of brick?  I see that people write on these walls, I don't know how to do that either.  Oh, there is a Super wall, I guess it is bigger or maybe more expensive, not sure.

Then there are groups, and one of my friends has an Entourage---I had no idea!  I have noticed that sometime people poke each other.  I have not done that, I was taught that was rude.  

I have heard about Twitter and asked my nephew Phillip, who makes a point of knowing all about these things, what it was.  He simply said I had no business getting involved with that, and since he is a professional Christian, I didn't question him (although a lot of professional Christians seemed to be into Twittering).

There is this thing for we older folks called TeeBeeDee, but I think I will wait to join that one.  It could be more complicated than this book of Faces thing.  The point of all of this is simply to say that I am quite happy to have 11 friends.  Four of them are related to me--do they still count?

1 comment:

charlestonyaya said...

OK - first about the table issue...we have a table of yours in our house!!! I don't believe that it is the table in question, but no less - we got this beautiful mahogany table from you and Edgar. It has always been in our foyer, but now it is in the living room. This is a very small table and I think it actually came from Jamaica. And another thing - why does Phillip twitter ALL of the time, if it's something that you shouldn't get into - hmmmm. And lastly - what the heck is TBD or TDB - did I miss something in my last AARP newsletter?? Please respond quickly - before I forget what I said here!! love you much, Kathy